"As light as wicker, but stronger than steel, the master Rozhornas smiths truly outdid themselves when they perfected Kozhalt. It is a sight to behold, and one's mind refuses to believe the outlandish stories surrounding this metal—until it is seen and held up close. Suddenly, the impossible stories seem very true, and very possible; indeed, in that brief moment I spent holding the sword, I felt as invincible as the heroes of legend."
- Architect Ferrethan, "Pilgrimage," 3341 Darkness
A metal ore exclusive to the rocky shores and craggy cliffs of southwest Escion (mostly Kastia and Vale Tenebrous), initially discovered by the miners and smiths of Goh Rozhon. Though alarmingly difficult to harvest, and even harder to refine, Kozhalt is the strongest metal in the world for how light it is (Uthrastohl is stronger, but far heavier), and seems completely immune to corrosion; never seeming to rust or break down, even under the most intense of conditions. Modern tools and weapons made from Kozhalt are rarely forged with skill, due to the inherent difficulty of working with the metal, and, as such, artifacts from Goh Rozhon are prized for both their value and their rarity.
Though Kozhalt artifacts are rare, they are not unheard of. Many in power (or seeking it) will go to great lengths to acquire these supremely well-made pieces, often offering great bounties or titles in their exchange. Below is a list of some of the more famous Kozhalt artifacts in the world today.
- Warbringer, the sword of Tyrant Archades, and Unyielding, Rook's shield, are both well-known to be of Rozhornas make.
- Tyrant Idari's iconic mask Apathy, is Kozhalt.
- It is believed that The Pale Throne is made of Kozhalt.
- Tahrvorra, the Unbroken Gate at Grakhos Rho, is the largest Kozhalt object in the world.
- Kozhalt is one of the five metals that comprise The Evertorch.
- Tyrant Daesei claims to own many Kozhalt artifacts, including the long-lost crown of Gho Rozhon.
- Rozhonrot, The Kingmaker, a legendary Kozhalt sword, is currently held by Tyrant Might.
…Though this list is far from complete.